We do not currently have open positions available, but we are always accepting applications*
Become a Tree of Lifer
Tree of Life is a 40 acre wholesale and retail nursery that offers careers in sales, plant production, landscape installation, landscape maintenance, field work and design.
Why Tree of Life
Tree of Life is a 40 acre wholesale and retail nursery that offers positions in plant sales, plant production, landscape installation, landscape maintenance, field work and design. We offer competitive salaries and health benefits.
We do not have any open positions at this time, but we are always accepting applications. If you are interested in working at Tree of Life, please email your resume and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please feel free to take a look at the two job descriptions below to see if Tree of Life would be a good fit for you.
Tree of Life Nursery is seeking a dedicated, friendly and enthusiastic retail sales associate to assist our customers. This is an outstanding opportunity to work in a unique and congenial environment, to learn about California native plants or apply what you already know, and to play a vital role in a team effort to expand the use of native plants in California landscapes.
- Provide helpful customer service in person, on the phone and via email with accurate and helpful advice.
- Understand and follow proper procedures regarding cash register, internet orders, phone orders, and shipping
- Provide support with watering, weeding and planting of gardens
- Work 3-5 days a week, including Saturdays and occasional holiday weekends
- Attend all scheduled training and employee meetings.
- Ability to identify and provide accurate care and selection instructions for California native plants and gift shop items
- Good written communication and use of electronic media and paperwork.
- Ability to operate our inventory and POS system for the functions of sales, customer data, delivery, internet orders, etc.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to stand, walk and provide physical support for up to 8 hours in an outdoor environment
- Ability to lift and move merchandise weighing up to 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate and work well with other employees in a team environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Certification or Horticulture enrollment or degree preferred
- Previous sales experience
Manually plant, cultivate, and harvest plants for nursery sales. Use hand tools, such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears, and knives. Duties may include applying fertilizers; transplanting, weeding, thinning, or pruning crops; applying pesticides; cleaning, packing, and loading harvested products. May construct trellises, repair fences and farm buildings, or participate in irrigation activities.