If you are planning to get some design help/advice through DIR consultation here at Tree of Life Nursery – you’ll get a lot more out of the experience if you bring some information with you to your appointment here at the nursery.
ALL TREE OF LIFE NURSERY DIR CONSULTATIONS TAKE PLACE AT TREE OF LIFE NURSERY – PLEASE BRING INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR SITE WITH YOU FOR THE CONSULTATION! 🙂
- Site Overview. Bring photos or drawings of the area you want to landscape or re-landscape. If possible measure the area in question, and bring the measurements with you to the meeting.
- Site Conditions. Take note of the orientation of the site such as North/South, East/West facing, and other factors that affect shading/sun, wind, exposure, heat, (large buildings, existing trees that provide shade, etc).
- Soil Drainage. The key to any gardens’ success is knowledge about the site’s soil. Here is some handy information about how to test your soil drainage. This information is immensely helpful for appropriate plant choices!
- Irrigation/Maintenance Goals. Planning to install an irrigation system, modify your current system, hand water only, eventual no-water, pruning and shaping needs….?
- Design Goals. Bring photos of gardens or design styles you admire and would like to incorporate. Also think about how you would like to use the space: ie. entertaining, habitat building, bird-watching, relaxation, screening of undesirable views, incorporation of desirable views, kids, pets, etc.
If you don’t have time to prepare for the meeting with the designer, don’t worry – they’re professionals! They can walk you through the “pre-design” process during your consultation, bear in mind that helping you through the “pre-design” process will take up consultation time. Additionally, should you choose to hire them, the designer can provide you with comprehensive planning services (outside of the ½ hour consultation).